Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Enabler! And a challenge

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time now you may have seen me make reference to the "enabler". This is a friend of mine who enables me to buy more stamps and products than I can ever use in a lifetime. As a matter of fact, just tonight she brought me some new paper to try out...three different kinds! What if I like them all and have to buy them? Oh, will she ever stop? I don't know what I'd do without her...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!



One of these days she will be revealed...maybe I'll have guest spots on my blog! LOL! Anyway...

I made this card for High Hopes challenge #22 which is to make a card without any patterned paper. This also fit perfectly for Sharons No Time to Stamp challenge which it to use ribbon tabs. I have seen so many lovely cards recently with the white on white theme and decided to go for that, but it didn't really end up that way. I wasn't very creative, just a piece of embossed cs as my background panel. But I think the card would have been overwhelmed if I added any more layers or colors.


This adorable High Hopes mermaid is colored with Prisma's and oms and then I added a layer of h20's paint over that to give it shimmer. This is a coloring method used by Ila that is just fantastic. I am pleased with the coloring on this as it really has a nice deep shimmer irl. The clam, also from High Hopes, was an afterthought and after I colored that in I just grabbed Shimmerz and painted it. You can see in the close up that it is much more sparkly than the mermaid. I related all the colors in the image with the ribbon tabs that I added too.

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

.....lol....I think we all buy more than we need in a lifetime. Your card is gorgeous,I love white on white it makes the image really stand out!!! Your colouring is fabulous,I love it!!

Poppy said...

gorgeous, love the colours.
poppy

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my stars, this is too cute! I wanna' color like you SO BAD! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Danielle!! Love that image!!

Riet said...

woww Danielle,what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.x

Carol Dee said...

Adorable mermaid. Cute oyster with pearl, High Hopes has such cute stamps and you are making me want more, talk about enablers !!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I have lots of enabler friends! This is one of favs...so cute.

Broni said...

This card is just perfect, Danielle! Any more pattern or embellishments would have distracted the eye from your beautiful little mermaid!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card!! Fantastic coloring and I love the white on white!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Love the simplicity and your beautiful coloring. The white really makes the colors stand out. Awesome!

Ila said...

Fabulous card Danielle!!...I love the way you colored this mermaid and the way you did the layout really makes her shine!!...Thanks so much for the kind words!!....Have a Fabulous Weekend!!....Hugs, Ila

LeAnne said...

Well, she is sweet and I love the BG just the way it is. Your card is a great take on Sharon's No Time To Stamp Challenge, with all those cute little ribbons!
LeAnne

wendyp said...

oh this is just too cute! LOVE your coloring!!!

Shirley said...

Love their stamps and love your card! She is just too precious and so is that oyster shell!!

Rose Ann said...

Your little mermaid is darling...and colored so perfectly as well!! Love the fabulous texture and sparkle too!!

Candy said...

Adorable, love the ribbon tabs!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Danielle! Your coloring is amazing! I love the extra sparkle too!

Barbara said...

You sure don't need any BG paper with this image. Perfect just the way it is, and your coloring is awesome, as usual! Great job!