Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Better Late Than Never...


Isn't that what they say? Who is "they" anyway? The eternal question...anyhoo, here is my card for Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge from last Friday. The challenge is to make a card with a bug or bugs...or something that "bugs" you on it. Since it's gettin' to picnic time my first thought was ants...but when I saw this fly stamp I had to add that too. What's more annoying than ants and flies at a picnic? Bee's I guess, and rain..okay, well they are still really annoying! The watermelon and ants are from Savvy Stamps and the fly is from Stamps by Judith. The watermelon is colored with Prismas and OMS. I added dots behind the fly with a Micron pen and around the border with a Ranger Ink Essentials white pen and also used that to color the fly's eyes and wings. The grass I cut across with a decorative grass scissor and then fringed. All the paper (except grass scrap) is from PTI: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Kraft, and Pink Patterned. I added a Prima with a button and some floss as an embellishment. I used some great twill ribbon in Sweet Blush also between the two patterned papers. It came together really quick and I enjoyed making this little 3 1/2 square card!

My dh ripped out the floor and bottom cabinets in the cabin upstate and were able to replace them along with new countertops and a new sink. It looks really nice! Nothing fancy-just clean! The house used to belong to my grandfather and fell into serious disrepair as he aged. He was very stubborn and refused help and insisted there was nothing wrong with it, so it needed major repairs ove the last two years. The kitchen needs a few more things replaced and some new paint. DH replaced (and I mean gutted and started from scratch!!) the bathroom last year and my mother and her sister painted the LR and two bedrooms and replaced all of the carpeting. It has really become a nice place to take a family vacation. We were able to enjoy a whole day together hiking, bbqing, and boating...the weather was gorgeous! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!

14 comments:

jjcreations said...

This card made me smile when it popped on the screen. I love how you coloured the watermelon!!!! I love everything about it. Glad you had a wonderful weekend...and that your little getaway is getting spruced up. Joan

Shelly said...

This is so cute, I love the grass and the colors!

Ila said...

Love your card..and what a great idea for grass.
Sounds like you had a great weekend. My favorite kind of weekend...we don't have a cabin...but rent one every year in June for a few days.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh how cute, love those ants.

Carolyn King said...

so adorable. love the grass!

Candy said...

So very cute, love the grass and how you colored the watermelon!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is adorable, Danielle!! I love your bugs and fantastic grass!!

Anonymous said...

Danielle, this is so stinking cute! I love it!
Hugs and smiles

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

OMGosh! Those ants are irresistable cute and the way you've coloured that watermelon is pure art, but that fly just made it for me. Look at those buggy lil' eyes!?! TOO cute. :0)

Julia Aston said...

glad you had some good time away Danielle! isn't a cabin wonderful to have?!?!

Love your bug card - the fly is just too funny with his little flight trail! very fun!

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is adorable, love it, your cabin sounds great, lots of hard work and TLC going on there, sure when you are finished it will be a great place for the family to hang.

Lauri said...

Such a great card! You are so talented that it came together so quickly!! I have ants trying to get in my house, but that would not make a good card, would it???

Heather said...

Nice card- I love how you made the grass too!

The family cabin sounds great. Renovations can be a real challenge but I think you will appreciate the cabin even more once you are done.

Anonymous said...

Wow...your weekend sounds like it was PERFECT!!! Your card is adorable!! I just love those little ants and the grass!